A Flower Unfolding
Wi Wabigooni is an elementary school program of Winnipeg School Division, affiliated with Rossbrook House. It is an off-campus classroom for Indigenous students in Grades 4-6 who thrive in a small environment/community. The program is administered as a classroom of Victoria Albert School and is located in the downtown area of Winnipeg.
Victoria Albert School
- Students benefit from membership in the larger school community through access to a gym facility and special events.
- There is room in the program for eighteen students in Grades 4-6, who are able to continue in the program for multiple years.
- Students must live within the boundaries of Winnipeg School Division.
- Referrals are made to the program from schools in the Winnipeg School Division.
- Submit referrals to the Principal at Ecole Victoria-Albert School. Call (204) 943-3459
- The programming is based on the Manitoba Curriculum, with an emphasis on Language Arts and Math.
- The students work in small groups or on individualized projects.
- Indigenous activities are integrated into the curriculum.
- Group and individual music lessons are offered each week in conjunction with the Manitoba Conservatory of Music & Arts.
- Students have access to computers, laptops, and tablets.
- Daily meals are provided.
- Students and their families are invited to an annual graduation ceremony where we celebrate their achievements.
For more information, call: (204) 943-3459