Rossbrook House has an opening for a Kitchen Assistant
The Healthy Kitchen Project has three main roles:
- Serving healthy snacks and meals to participants daily
- Providing education about nutrition and healthy lifestyle to participants and their families
- Providing training to staff and participants: safe food handling, use of commercial grade kitchen appliances/equipment, cooking
All applicants should be available to work mid-morning to late afternoon shifts (10 am – 6 pm) and must be willing to receive training in food safety, nutrition and cooking.
The Kitchen Assistant will be guaranteed 40 hours weekly in the kitchen.
Under the direction of the Kitchen Coordinator, the assistant will be responsible for all duties assigned to them.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- prep work,
- cooking and proper storage of potentially hazardous foods,
- cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen and all kitchen equipment to the standards set by the Kitchen Coordinator.
The applicant will also have or will obtain a valid Class 5 license in order to pick up and deliver food and supplies.
Please email Kerry Miller your resume and cover letter before Monday, April 26 at 11:59pm.
If you do not have a resume, please include details about your work/school experience with your contact information in an email to:
Email – email@example.com